Stretched out images
August Karlstrom
2014-08-09 16:42:23 UTC
In the current development version of Dillo (rev. 3873) images are
sometimes scaled in a way that doesn't preserve the aspect ratio which
make them look *really* ugly. For instance if I do a Google image search
all images are stretched out horizontally:

http://www.google.com/search?q=test

How can we fix this?

Regards,
August
higuita
2014-08-09 23:36:58 UTC
Hi
Post by August Karlstrom
make them look *really* ugly. For instance if I do a Google image
(...)
Post by August Karlstrom
How can we fix this?
AFAIK, this is a due missing features in the CSS support.
Current support for floats and grows seems fix this, but is still
incomplete in the main dillo. Try this one with more complete support
until its merged back:

http://flpsed.org/hgweb/dillo_grows

It works fine for me using this one.

Best regards,
higuita
--
Naturally the common people don't want war... but after all it is the
leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a
-- Hermann Goering, Nazi and war criminal, 1883-1946
Sebastian Geerken
2014-08-10 12:34:05 UTC
Post by higuita
Hi
Post by August Karlstrom
How can we fix this?
AFAIK, this is a due missing features in the CSS support.
Current support for floats and grows seems fix this, but is still
incomplete in the main dillo. Try this one with more complete support
http://flpsed.org/hgweb/dillo_grows
It works fine for me using this one.
Nearly correct: all changes to <http://flpsed.org/hgweb/dillo_grows>
are now in the main repository <http://hg.dillo.org/dillo>; the former
is not up to date and misses some fixes, so please use the latter one.

Keeping aspect ratio of images should work now; if not, this is a bug
to be fixed.

Sebastian
August Karlstrom
2014-08-10 15:19:28 UTC
Post by Sebastian Geerken
Nearly correct: all changes to <http://flpsed.org/hgweb/dillo_grows>
are now in the main repository <http://hg.dillo.org/dillo>; the former
is not up to date and misses some fixes, so please use the latter one.
Keeping aspect ratio of images should work now; if not, this is a bug
to be fixed.
Thanks for your effort, Sebastian. I just updated the source to the
latest revision (3877) and recompiled Dillo but the problem remains; a
Google image search still shows horizontally stretched out images. Any
clues?

-- August